Old October 12th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michael Houghton

Default New filter - everyone PLEASE add

Howdy!

In article ,
Morgans wrote:
OK, everyone, since some feel they have to respond to Mxsmaniac's posts, how
about being humane to all of us who don't want to read all of the crap that is
following in his wake.

It is easy to make a change to your reply, to help us all out. Simply position
your cursor in the subject bar after the "" in the subject. Then, type MX,
and then continue along your merry way with your post.

This MX will allow every post after yours in the thread to be eliminated, by
people who use a newsreader that can not filter entire threads, without a
marker, but prefer not to read his ignorance and thread hijacking.

This tactic has worked well in other groups. Please be kind to others in this
group and take the time to help us block him.

That "advice" ASSumes a lot about my newsreader.

A lot that is utterly wrong.

If you are advocating putting Mxsmaniac into a killfile, why
not come right out and say so using the appropriate terminology.

I think it would be more useful for people to tag their
replies to Skylune with 'SKY'. Then I could more easily filter
out replies to his rabid ranting ridiculousness. Mxsmaniac, by
comparison, merely shows dogged ignorance -- something that
*might* be treatable. I'm willing to stipulate that Mxsmaniac's
determination is impressive, even.

I would hope that your newsreader has some sort of killfile type
function. If not, perhaps you need to reconsider the tools you
use to read newsgroups. I'm using a tool that has been around
for a long time, and it's had that capability since forever.

yours,
Michael

| White Wolf and the Phoenix narrowwares
Bowie, MD, USA |
http://whitewolfandphoenix.com
Proud member of the SCA Internet Whitewash Squad