Old April 1st 05, 06:37 PM

I'm with Gardner on this one.

compass turns are a complete waste of time and money.

Use a clock. Forget lead, lag, accelerate north, decelerate south,
and all the rest of the anal aviation gobbledygook..

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:28:32 GMT, "OtisWinslow"
wrote:

Ask the CFI to tell you when you hit the compass heading
you want to start your rollout on. Talk thru your logic for
selecting this heading. (compensating for lead/lag of the
compass)

"Ray" wrote in message
I'm just starting out my instrument training in a Cessna 152 that has a
compass mounted at the top of the windshield. Here's a sample picture for
those who have never seen it, http://www.airliners.net/open.file/643201/M

Can anyone tell me if it's still possible to do compass turns under the
hood
with this kind of setup? I've seen a lot of planes with high mounted
compasses, so I imagine this isn't a new question.

- Ray