Old July 18th 08, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default any recommendations for a place to get a cheap commercial MES?

wrote in
:

On Jul 17, 3:00 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
wrote in news:356e93f1-1b00-41d2-9318-
:

On Jul 17, 6:48 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
buttman wrote in news:65bd0c17-cf80-42d9-bf3f-
:

The only place within reasonable driving distance from where I
live that will do a MES commercial charges $500 an hour in a
twin sea bee. I figure it may be cheaper to spend the money on a
airline ticket and a week's stay in a hotel in order to get it
done somewhere in a Apache or something on floats for $200 an
hour...

Snort!

there's only one apache on floats, fjukkwit.

Maybe you can do it in a Cessna 150 with a Cox engine screwed on
the outside.

Bertie

I've got an old .049 "Golden Bee" variant to spare. Would that
make it a SuperCub?

Oh yeah, that was the big tank version with the inverted tank, wasnt
it?

Still got scars on my fingers from starting those things.

Bertie

Yeppers...and yes to the scars...especially with a 'new' nylon prop.
"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Not to mention god knows how much hearing damage!

Bertie