Old March 25th 11, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default US Air Force buys 19 DG-1000 trainiers

On Mar 25, 8:17*am, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Mar 25, 6:52*am, Jim Beckman wrote:

At 00:17 25 March 2011, Ian Cant wrote:

I agree, as we all do, that soaring exposure for cadets is highl
desirable. *But would not even a 'slightly' less expensive aircraft d
this job just as well ? *And maybe for more cadets if the total budge
stays the same ?

For that matter, do it with single engine piston airplanes. *If what you
want is exposure to air operations in the real world, that makes a lot
more sense, regardless of our own prejudices.

As to the value for Predator operators, I doubt if it is significant.

Th
pilots' union will keep the job designated for rated pilots as long a
possible,

Air Force pilots belong to a pilots union? *Sounds unlikely to me.

Jim Beckman

http://www.dossaviation.com/page.asp?id=76

http://tinyurl.com/4tp5bnr