Old November 10th 03, 04:45 PM
Matthew P. Cummings

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:57:24 -0500, Larry Smith wrote:

You will have paid $60,000 for a $40,000 aircraft because of those shocking
surprise liens. Poor you. You have no recourse against the seller because
he is insolvent and judgment-proof.

Sounds like you should have used lubricant Larry. I don't know how you
did the title search, but if you did pay a private company other than AOPA
to check things out you might be lucky and be able to recover damages,
similar to how AOPA does it. If you just called around you're going to
wish you had more lubricant to ease the pain.

From my dealings with the FAA that want originals most of the time, but
will sometimes take a fax.

I've always had this theory that you shouldn't deal with people in the
conditions you set out, very poor risk and subject to peril.