Old October 16th 03, 10:33 PM
Larry Smith

Default Just Ordered: An Ignition Switch and Oil Filter from ACS

Yipyip, and we talked back and forth just like old buddies. And you know
what? I used Rosalind's bank card. I am utterly shameless.

I called all over today at the salvage yards looking for a window latch for
a 170, fearing that Rosalind would get her pretty nose out of joint if we
ordered a new one from Univair for 230 smackeroos. sniff

Oh, and my friend Deejie just brought in some calligraphy pens so's I can
fill out Kim's Young Eagle certificate and get it in a frame for display on
her bedroom wall. Kim is in her thirties. Aren't we disgustingly
shameless? I just flew Kim all over Hendersonville in the Terrorcraft and
we admired the pretty yellow, orange, red, crimson, and falling leaves from
500 to 1000 ft. agl. Kim was born with Down's syndrome.

Tonite, you should be pleased to know, I'll be sanding on the ailerons of my
White Lightning, getting off some gelcoat I don't like and maybe one of the
reasons my Wisconsin friend Fitzgerald calls it the White Lead. LOL!

Ain't life just the grandest! Building the airplane is just like building
all the parts. Sooner or later, all those parts are ready to go together.

BTW, what's the best structural epoxy nowadays? I'm getting ready to order
some more, even if I have to change the ratio on my Sticky Stuff pump.

Oh, and just one more item for comment. Somewhere on the web there's a
picture of a frumpy-looking gyro on the ramp in So Cal just north of
Tijuana. Did you notice how rough-carpentered and butt-ugly those wheel
pants are?