Old October 7th 09, 07:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jan olieslagers[_2_]

Default Avid flyer

schreef:
On Oct 5, 1:05 pm, jan olieslagers
wrote:
-) It is a taildragger and I am but a beginner pilot, took all my
training on tricycles. Can a taildragger Avid Flyer be converted to
tricycle? If so, how much of an effort does it take?

I bet it would probably cost as much money and time to convert that
airplane to a trike as it would to convert you to a taildragger pilot.

To make that assumption, one must be able to estimate both factors.
Being a slow learner, I think the effort to make me a taildragger pilot
might be considerable; with the added complication of having to find an
adequate instructor, available when I am, &C

Best thing about becoming a TD pilot is that you will be ably to fly
any subsequent airplane, not just your triked Avid. Isn't that a
better investment?

Acquiring the technique is one thing, keeping it up is another. Your
reasoning applies for someone flying often, and in different planes. Bar
major financial progress, this is not my outlook. And in the long run a
tricycle will be intrinsically safer, I believe, but that's another
discussion.

So allow me to repeat the question: what kind and amount of work would
it take to convert a taildragger Avid Flyer to tricycle?