Old July 10th 03, 04:19 AM
Jim Weir

(JDupre5762)

-an ACK ELT transmitter that the batteries still had to be replaced every two
-years regardless. Am I wrong. If I am right then replacing the transmitter
-and remote batteries at the same time would keep that problem from happening.

You are wrong. The Duracell batteries that the TSO requires has an expiration
date printed on the side of the battery. The expiration date for the batteries
is the printed date. There IS no remote battery replacement requirement.

-
-Have you ever had problems with battery leakage in an ACK ELT. I have heard of
-a number of cases.

Please document. I've heard of a number of JDupre inspection errors. I believe
nothing without documentation.

Jim
http://www.rst-engr.com