Old June 27th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Flair vs flare

It was a loran C station. In 1959-60 I had done the same thing on St. Paul
Island in the Pribilofs...that one was a combined loran A/C station.

Bob

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 121...
Bob Gardner wrote
I "built" (was first CO of) the USCG loran station at Gesashi on the
north end of the island 1963-64, and belonged to the Kadena Flying
Club. Lived with the Marines (Camp Schwab) while the station was under
construction.

That would have been LORAN A....right? :-)
We were blessed with coupled INS/DOPPLER, quite a change from the LORAN A
sets that we had in the P-2s.

Bob