Old September 14th 04, 04:07 PM
John Mullen

"Peter Stickney" wrote in message
In article ,
"John Mullen" writes:
"Chris Mark" wrote in message
From: "Emmanuel Gustin" Emmanuel.Gustin@skynet.

Seems to me that comparing Dubyah to FDR is a huge insult
to FDR.

Then there is FDR's November 1944 Fenway Park speech:

"I am sure that any real American would have chosen, as this government
did, to
fight when our own soil was made the object of an attack. As for
myself,
would choose to to do the same thing--again and again and again!

[emphases in original]

Technically of course he was wrong. Hawaii was not a state until the 50s.

So? It was, at teh time a U.S. territory, just as Oklahoma had been
only 30 or so years before then. It's population were U.S citizens,
the Territory was administered by the Federal Government, and they wer
subject to U.S. Laws and oblications. The same held/holds true for
the Philippines (Independance gained in 1946), Alaska, Guam, Puerto
Rico, and a few others.
While it may not have been a State, it was still U.S. soil.

Colony?

John