Old June 9th 04, 04:53 PM
Jack Allison

Default Experience transitioning from C-172 to complex aircraft as potential first owned aircraft?

Looking for any feedback from folks that had mostly C-172 time (zero complex
and/or RG time) then transitioned to a complex airplane when you went to
buy. What did you transition to? Was it a good decision/positive
experience? What type of insurance requirements did you face in terms of
dual time, RG experience, etc.? Were you instrument rated at the time of
transitioning to the complex aircraft?

Just looking for feedback from folks who may have been down this path. When
I move down the path toward ownership, the performance of a complex aircraft
suit my flying requirements better so I'm poking around a bit to get an idea
of costs, issues, insurance requirements, etc. Looking forward to someday
leaving my first "I bought an airplane" post :-)

TIA!

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL, IA Student