Old October 16th 03, 11:09 AM
BW

Brendan

Since this one asked for dance related skills and doesn't match the

subject
are you just fishing?

Tex

Thanks for pointing it out. I'm not embarrassed to say that I am
fishing, but NOT spamming. My research is taking me laterally through
many user groups. Even though I have the best intentions, it's hard
not to cut and paste bits of text after you've written it 20 times
already!

I take time to read through past articles looking for the word
"thrill". If the user group seems to be active with people telling
interesting stories I then post my own thread to invite people to tell
me more.

I originally tried approaching individuals by email but it became very
hard and time consuming to keep track of conversations. This new
approach let's the users generate their own interest but is still
proving time consuming as (unlike you) people are still generally
reluctant to break out of the group into a a 1-to-1 conversation via
email.

I shall persevere because when people do eventually do an interview,
they're usually very good.

Brendan

(PS Going to post this on the site because it might help rectify my
error)