Old June 11th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

Default AOPA life insurance

"Lou" wrote in message
Has anyone purchased the term life from aopa?
I was wondering how well or satisfied anyone is
with them. I've checked out regular insurance and
they charge the heck out of you for being a pilot.

There is no free lunch. Wherever you buy life insurance, the cost of your
aviating will be priced in (if aviation is covered in the policy). Some
companies will conveniently hide the cost rather than listing it separately, but
it will be in there. I am in the process of pricing term coverage from AOPA's
carrier and a couple others since I am retiring and losing the coverage from my
employer.

The process won't be over until they all literally get a taste of my blood,
but so far these folks http://www.piclife.com/ have been very helpful and seem
to have the best preliminary rates. They will all want some very detailed
information on your licensing, hours, past accident history, and planned
aviation activity.

Vaughn