Old June 11th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default AOPA life insurance

On Jun 10, 5:18*pm, Lou wrote:

Well, I'm not looking for a free lunch but the preliminary quotes seem
to be half
of state farm and allstate and I'm wondering why.

AOPA doesn't sell insurance but they use Minesotta life. I applied
with them. As always the original quote was lower than the final once
they run your numbers (and I'm still young, nonsmoker, etc). You don't
necessarily ever pay more for being a private pilot (with any life
insurance). What they do is put you in one of usually 5 buckets. Lots
of factors affect which bucket you are in but flying can affect it.
However, flying (on its own) has never affected my life insurance
quotes. Perhaps if you are on the edge it could However, if you want
to be covered while flying commercially, CFIing, or flying with CAP
you will have to pay an extra premium.

-Robert