Old June 11th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default AOPA life insurance

On Jun 11, 3:11*am, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:

* * Get at least three quotes, (which will take three complete applications,
three physical exams, and 6 to 8 weeks). *The "teaser" rate that they give you
after a quick screening application means little. *They won't like it, and will
ask you why you are applying at other companies, but it is your privilege, and
doing so is *just good business.

Yea, one of the standard questions is if you've applied for life
insurance in the previous 12 months. You also have to do the full
physical before you will get a real (non-teaser) rate. Luckily most
companies don't charge for the lab work. I found out about my
cholesteral when I applied for AOPA life insurance (and later decided
to go with USAA instead).
If you really want to shop for life insurance as an informed consumer
you need to educate yourself on 3 types of life insurance....
1) Term life
2) Universal life
3) Whole life

All 3 are very different; have different rates; and have different
benefits. In almost all cases your lowest rate today will be with your
employer (as a group policy) but in 10 years you may regret that
decision.

-Robert