Old June 11th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default AOPA life insurance

On Jun 11, 9:58*am, Lou wrote:

I'm looking at the AOPA for 2 reasons, 1. I am self employed 2. It was
my understanding
that instead of a physical, they use your current medical info.
Is this not the case?

Nope, they sent a nurse out and they did the whole works. There may be
a dollar limit at which point they do the physical. Really the people
running the insurance have no idea you are associated with AOPA or
what AOPA is. This is really just an AOPA referal to Minnesota life. I
think AOPA gets a referal fee so it helps AOPA. In fact when I filed
out the form they were confused about the pilot questions (they
clearly do not deal with a lot of pilots).

-Robert