Old April 3rd 04, 03:46 PM
James Robinson

Quantum Foam Guy wrote:

Oelewapper wrote:

Dear allies, welcome to the age of digital fascism... :

This is not "fascism", unless you're one of those morons who thinks dealing
with the DMV and getting fingerprinted for a driver's license is "fascism".

I do consider it fascism. I also have never had my fingerprints taken
for a driver's license in the US.

When you lace your writing with such stupid hyperbole, you've lost your
credibility.

If you can't see creeping totalitarianism, then you must be part of the
problem.

You're also mistaken if you think this will be limited to the US. Wealthy
democracies will all be implementing these very same procedures. If you
doubt me, wait and see what happens after the next round of terrorist
attacks.

Not so. Just look at Europe with is about to go to court to prevent
airlines from passing passenger information to the US TSA as a violation
of European privacy laws. They seem to take privacy much more seriously
than the US, even though there have been many more terrorist attacks in
their home countries. They don't see the need to give up their rights
like the supposedly "free" USA to tackle terrorism.