Old April 3rd 04, 04:42 PM
AJC

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 15:08:54 GMT, "Pete"
wrote:

...and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

When I arrive at JFK, I often wait 10-30 minutes in line, and I am a
USA citizen. The other lines are worse, and this is without the finger-
printing and photographing. I contrast that to countries like Finland,
Sweden, Austria, and Switzerland, where I breeze by passport control
hardly slowing down. I am sure this is the same for Denmark, Norway,
Iceland, and many other European countries. Your 99% must exclude
Europe, right?

His 99% would exclude much of Asia as well. I would imagine it was the
first number that came in to his head rather than based on any actual
experience.