Old December 31st 14, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default ClearNav Vario and XCSoar

Looks like I won't have much trouble making the switch. Using my Streak
via K6BT, I've only changed bugs, ballast, and MC setting. I do use the
download flights feature with the 302 but I don't see much problem with
USB download. I'll either put a connector through the panel for that or
just dangle the extension cable out the back for use after landing. Not
concerned with contest flying or landouts.

On 12/31/2014 9:39 AM, Tango Eight wrote:
On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 11:17:38 AM UTC-5, Tango Eight wrote:
On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:58:45 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 7:30:55 PM UTC-6, Dave Leonard wrote:
On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:52:27 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
I'm trading in my CAI-302 for a ClearNav XC vario. Looking at the
setup screen in XCSoar, there's no listed driver for the CNv vario.
The XCSoar Manual also says nothing about the CNv vario though it
states that it will work with any vario which outputs NMEA data.
Both my Android phone and my Dell Streak 5 connect via bluetooth and
work great.

Has anybody tried this combination yet? My new vario should arrive
some time next week...

--

Dan Marotta
I did the 302 for CNv swap a while back. Drop in replacement. Same XCSoar settings, same in flight functionality. (IOIO box and Streak running XCSoar)

Turnpoint database load, task declare, vario config and log download are different. The CNv uses a USB stick to do all that.

-Dave
Does that apply to WinPilot (Pro) as well? Drop-in replacement? Connectivity to Avier?
Herb

Not completely (sorry).

!w (air data) and !g (bugs, ballast, Mc) are fully supported. Task entry/declaration and file d/l over serial connection are *not* supported! Attempts to put CNv in command mode will cause data transmission to stop.

best,
Evan Ludeman for CNi

btw, if anyone wants to discuss this further, let's take it over he

http://clearnav.net/simplemachinesfo...hp?topic=181.0

best,
Evan Ludeman for CNi

--