Old January 2nd 15, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cuflyer

Default ClearNav Vario and XCSoar

Dan, I did the exact set up last year: 302 to CNv with XC Soar. The CNv will control XCSoar, but not vice versa. It will kill the comm like Evan stated.
Really has not been a problem, though. I'm happy.

Tim

On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 8:52:27 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
I'm trading in my CAI-302 for a ClearNav XC vario.* Looking at the
setup screen in XCSoar, there's no listed driver for the CNv vario.*
The XCSoar Manual also says nothing about the CNv vario though it
states that it will work with any vario which outputs NMEA data.*
Both my Android phone and my Dell Streak 5 connect via bluetooth and
work great.

Has anybody tried this combination yet?* My new vario should arrive
some time next week...

--

Dan Marotta