Old December 27th 03, 04:19 AM
tscottme

Hobo wrote in message

When Europeans speak this way there always seems to be some implicit
threat to stop helping us in the future if we fall out of favor with
you. Europe in general and Finland specifically have never done

anything
for the US and never will. All your threats, both explicit and

implicit
are empty and we know it. There is no cost to the US in falling out of
favor with Europe.

"No cost"? Don't be so sure. If the Europeans get angry, I mean really
angry, they might accuse the US of being "imperial" or "isolationist"
depending on whether it's Monday or Tuesday. That my friend is a fate
too terrible to contemplate.

--

Scott
--------