Old October 16th 04, 06:53 PM
Peter Duniho

"Roger" wrote in message
Whatever you like, but avoid polarized sunglasses.

They are my favorites. I almost always wear polarized bifocals on
sunshiny days. They also work well in haze.

Interesting. After numerous times of seeing threads warning against
polarized sunglasses, one instance finally shows up where someone (and three
people, so far, in this case) defends polarization.

That said, I agree with CJ. There are a number of reasons to avoid
polarization, all of which have been stated before. But for me, the one
that matters the most is that polarization cuts glare reflected from other
airplanes. Since very often, my first (and sometimes only) notice of other
traffic in the air with me is the reflection of sunlight from the aircraft,
I definitely would not like for that reflection to be eliminated by
polarized sunglasses.

Pete