Old September 8th 04, 12:54 AM
Roger Halstead

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:12:27 PST, (Everett
M. Greene) wrote:

Roger Halstead writes:
[snip]
In the 50's and 60's 5 and 6 foot drifts were not uncommon. I have
some photos of our cars being completely covered in the driveway (when
I lived out in the country by Breckenridge about 30 miles SW of here)
and those cars were far larger than most of today's. The last time I
saw drifts that deep was in 1984.

And I'll bet you had to walk five miles each way to and from
school through these snows and it was uphill with the wind
(howling, of course) in your face both directions. :-)

You missed Barefoot:-))

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com