Old August 10th 20, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default wing tape

The best tape is the 3M 483, but the price has gotten so out of hand that it is hard to justify. It will not sink in as much as the other tapes. One option is to make some thin mylar covers that you tape over with the softer tape. This will prevent the tape from sinking into the gap.

I still have a few rolls of 483 that use only when I can’t use something else. I have been researching alternatives and looking to buy some to test.

3M white electrical tape is what I use for anything that doesn’t need 483.