Old January 20th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Roy N5804F

Default Piper Archer II Air Leak Problem by Back Seat.

Thanks Dave,
Well I am in there monitoring the chat.

--
Roy
Piper Archer N5804F

"Dave" wrote in message
NP Roy!

Will look 4 U on the Cherokee Chat!

Don't be bashful! Dive in!

Dave

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 01:15:01 GMT, "Roy N5804F"
wrote:

:-)

Thanks Dave,

Roy

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
Ahhhhhhhhhhh..... Rats!

Sorry..

Open the Alt static, THEN see if closing the airvent affects the
VSI..

If it momentarily swings positive, it could indicate a neg pressure
in the cabin..

Just a thought...

Sorry my first was not complete..

Dave

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:35:35 GMT, "Roy N5804F"
wrote:

Dave,

I have signed up !

About the only instrument that I have not overhauled in this Archer is
the
VSI.
It reads horribly optimistic, like, I have the only Archer ever built
that
climbs on the plains here at 1200 FPM.
If I really try, I can make 1500 FPM :-)

I have to admit that I don't know much about the operation of a VSI
appertaining to an Archer :-(
I can't get my head round it at the moment, but could the slight
negative
pressure in the cabin affect the VSI ?

Roy

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
Hi Roy!

I second this.

That group has the most knowledgeable group on Cherokees bar none!
Newbees to seasoned AME's, and they all LOVE their Cherokees!

I think this discussion is closing in on UR prob, SOMETHING is
greating a vacuum in your cabin, and the cold air is roaring in to
replace the air being sucked out "somewhere"

How does the VSI respond to quickly closing the vent?

As to why the "left side vs right side"..scratching my bean on that
part...

Dave

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 00:02:20 GMT, "Roy N5804F"
wrote:

Thanks Jay,
I shall head over and get joined up.
Last year I was intending to go to the Fly-In but ran out of days to
take
off from work.
Maybe this year, but intend to do Sun n Fun & OSH so we shall have to
see
what happens.

Roy

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oglegroups.com...
As far as I can tell their is no draft coming out of the fine mesh
plank
vent on the pilots side.

That is so weird. Is there something blocking *that* opening? I
just
can't imagine what's causing that kind of strong air-flow.

The Cherokee Chat is the Cherokee Pilot's Association on-line chat
room. You've got to be a member, but it's worth every penny to
join,
and then some. See them he http://www.piperowner.com/

With over 4000 Cherokee owners in the organization, you can always
count on getting an answer on ANY Cherokee question you might have.
And they have the BEST fly-in of the year. See info on that he
http://cherokeeflyin.com/

We've attended the last four, and intend to go again this year.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA