Old April 18th 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default The ethanol nightmare has arrived!

Big John wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 04:45:03 GMT, wrote:

Peter Dohm wrote:
wrote in message

What else are you going to run your refrigerator, TV, airconditioning,
lighting, vacuum cleaner, computer, and lights on, natural gas?

--
Jim Pennino

No, although some smaller refrigerators can be operated that way. I am
just not sold on making transportation fully dependent on electric power
plants as well.

The energy density of electric storage devices are more than an order
of magnitude inadequate for that to happen and there are no potential
breakthroughs of even an order of magnitude on the horizon.

******************************************8

Jim
Have you been tracking the Nano technology? Was in headlines here in
Houston for a while with a several year time frame to demonstrate
capability to go to market. Activity at Rice U

Yes. Everything I've seen is still at least an order of magnitude
short of being able to replace liquid fuels.

In addition, there has been nothing to suggest nano technology can
practically produce power at the 100,000 watt level.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.