Old November 10th 18, 07:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

Default Canopy free soaring

On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 4:39:59 PM UTC-8, son_of_flubber wrote:
Dreaming about next summer...

Other than drag, is there any reason to not remove my canopy and go soaring? Experimental airworthiness.

EXP airworthiness does not mean you get to change things that influence flight handling or W&B without "recertifying" the machine in the new configuration.

Yanking the lid off will certainly change the aerodynamics, unless it is one of the SGS series that allows pilot choice with various factory equipment.

But that only matters if you want to be able to have your estate collect the hull value from insurance after you become a test pilot.

I'm figuring you just wanted to yank chains, since daylight ends earlier all of a sudden this week.

Cindy