Old May 5th 04, 04:26 PM

: I'm with you all the way... when I finish upgrading my panel at the end of
: this year, I will retain every form of navigation known to piston general
: aviation: VOR, KNS-80 VOR/DME RNAV, ILS, LDA, SDF, ADF, GPS, Loran

The more, the merrier. Redundancy is a good thing... and keeps you fresh on
everything if you play with it all all the time. It's frightening to think of all the
pilots out there (VFR or IFR) that get in, mount their hand-held color,
moving-map GPS-295 to the yoke, punch direct-to and never look at anything else until
they're on short final.

I'll see if I can locate some good used INSes and Omegas for you guys to install. ;-)