Old April 23rd 04, 07:17 AM
Mary Shafer

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:23:20 -0500, Alan Minyard
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:08:59 -0700, Mary Shafer wrote:

On another note, I'm getting tired of the vitriolic political
disputatiousness on Usenet already and it's a long time to November.
Particularly the nasty attack stuff. It's unoriginal, it's tedious,
and it's irritating. It also says more about the attacker than the
attacked. Whatever happened to the concept of reasonable people
avoiding unreasonable topics in inappropriate places? Has anyone ever
changed their mind because of such an attack (well, except about the
manners and morals of the attacker)?

I agree completely, and I will no longer participate in any thread that gets
into the political area.

Sorry about the recent past, I just got a little carried away!!

I think a big part of the problem is we all have opinions about these
topics. It's easy to fight fire with fire (or something--you know
what I mean) and slip into the same style that others are using. It's
contagious, I guess I'm trying to say.

Even when I sort of agree with some of the opinions, the style makes
me cranky and irritable. That's why I try not to post on these
topics. I'm not good at flaming people; I'm better at writing them
off as uninformed barbarians with limited vocabularies and stupid
ideas, justifying my ignoring them henceforth.

Mary