Old February 1st 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Masino

Default Exhaust system on Cessna 172

Ronnie wrote:
Just got the word from the A&P that the exhaust system
on my 1976 M model 172 needs overhauling because of
cracks and leaks. I'm compemplating replacing it with a
Power Flow Systems tuned exhaust rather than having
the stock OEM system overhauled.

I've had my PFS on my Cherokee 140 for something like 7 years. It
definitely helps the climb performance and general engine smoothness.
In the past, I've always advised people the following: If you have a
good exhaust system, I wouldn't trash it to put on a PFS. If your
exhaust system is on it's last legs, then it's worth considering.

It seems like you're in the latter category. Whether it's "worth it" is
subjective. I really wanted to add to my climb performance. You're
probably in the same boat. You'll have to decide if it's worth the
extra cash.

--- Jay

--

Jay Masino "Home is where My critters are"
http://www.JayMasino.com