Old February 1st 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ronnie

Default Exhaust system on Cessna 172

Not hearing any convincing arguments in
favor of the extra money, the decision was
made to overhaul the stock OEM exhaust
system.

Ronnie

"Ronnie" wrote in message
t...
Just got the word from the A&P that the exhaust system
on my 1976 M model 172 needs overhauling because of
cracks and leaks. I'm compemplating replacing it with a
Power Flow Systems tuned exhaust rather than having
the stock OEM system overhauled.

The A&P is guessing the overhaul cost will be about $1k.

The PFS system ranges from $3425 to $3875 depending
on short-stack versus "classic" (long pipe hanging outside
the cowling) and polished versus ceramic coated.

Comments?
Your experiences?
Is it worth the extra $2K or so?

Any place to buy a PFS at a discount, or is ordering from
the factory the best / only option?

Thanks.

Ronnie