Old March 26th 05, 12:32 PM
Dan Wegman

Thanks to everyone for the advice, especially John T for the videos. What a
great idea!

"Marco Leon" mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote in message
It looks like I'll make a couple of trips there too. Can you recommend a
nearby car rental office at/near FME? Also, what's the recommended way to
get an IFR clearance--calling via cell or through the RCO?

Thanks,

Marco

"aaronw" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 02:02:43 GMT, "Dan Wegman"
wrote:

I'm planning to fly from Ohio to Tipton (KFME) from the west over the
Martinsburg VOR (MRB). I've looked at the IAPs and the arrival &

departure
procedures for the DC area in order to get an idea of how the traffic

flows.
Although I'll file IFR, I've researched the ADIZ requirements too since
also plan to conduct a local VFR trip to FDK during my visit.

Any advice from local pilots familiar with this area would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks.

Looks like my fellow DCpilot John T beat me to this one.. But I'm
based at FME!

I'll add my opinion though:

1) There is a clearance delivery frequency, but it's of the 'click 5
times to dial clearance', so I suggest just calling them on the phone.

2) The FME pattern is NOW at 1000' MSL.. It used to bounce around
between 1200' and 1000', but I think they finally officially made it
1000' so all the NW-E traffic trying to get to the eastern shore can
transition without flying right through the pattern.

aw