Old February 21st 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Leaning (was Gene Whitt is back on line)

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| Yes, engine roughness is caused by one cylinder
misfiring.
| Fuel injection is properly calibrated is the same on all
| cylinders so the engine runs smooth and balanced.
|

| I guess GAMI is selling us a bill of goods, huh? :~)

( Moved to the bottom where it belongs for those that read top-to-bottom)

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
It all depends, Henry Ford built the "best" car he could
when he built the Model T, a 1962 Chrysler 426 Hemi would
have really seemed like magic to Ford and a modern double
overhead cam engine in a 2000 Acura would really would out
perform that 426 monster cube for cube.

Huh?

GAMI is better than stock FI which is a very old, low tech
constant flow system on Continental and Lycoming engines.
Your car uses high pressure pumps a fuel rail and solenoid
control metering at the injector, but engine roughness is
caused by __________ which causes __________ vibration.

Do you have any idea what GAMI injectors are?