Old July 9th 05, 06:19 AM
n93332

"John T" wrote in message
Your mechanic IS full of it. Your plane doesn't need to be "recertified"
as a sport pilot plane. Any certfied aircraft that meets the sport pilot
aircraft definitions can be flown by a sport pilot.
You can't "recertificate" a plane that way anyway.

Thanks all for the information/opinions. Sounds like my mechanic is full...

I found this listed on
http://www.sportpilot.org/rule/final...synopsis.html:

a.. Aircraft with a standard airworthiness certificate that meet above
specifications may be flown by sport pilots. However, that airworthiness
certification category will not be changed to a light-sport aircraft.
Holders of a sport pilot certificate may fly an aircraft with a standard
airworthiness certificate if it meets the definition of a light-sport
aircraft.

My Ercoupe is a 415-C, has the C-75 engine and has never modified to the
higher gross weight so it can then be used as a LSA plane. I might just go
for the Sport Pilot CFI add-on to my private certificate after all...

-Greg B.