Old May 26th 04, 09:43 PM
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

"Paul Hirose" wrote in message
"Thomas J. Paladino Jr." wrote:

Are the B2 and F117 equipped with chaff and flare dispensors for

emergency
use, or do they rely completely on stealth?

The problem with asking a question on a sensitive topic is that the
people who know the answer are likely to keep quiet. I was an avionics
maintainer for 10 years in B-2 flight test, and I've commented in some
detail about certain aspects of the plane in this newsgroup. But when
the topic is low observables, radar, EW, and the like, I won't talk.

Don't take that as a rebuke. There's nothing wrong with asking your
question -- just beware of the answers! Normally, the bad ones are
quickly shot down in a newsgroup. But when the subject is classified
or sensitive, the best-qualified gunners have to hold fire.

I didn't realize that it was a sensitive question; just figured that this
info was out there.