Old April 2nd 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Default Navion in flames.

Ron Natalie wrote:
Newps wrote:

Margy Natalie wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:

Jay, I now know you understand what a really cool airplane is!!

What does the Navion cruise at at 75%? How slow can it go on final
with one person and a half tank of gas?

With the IO-550 ours bops along at 160 kts ground speed quite nicely.

Approach speeds are very much skyhawk-like. I think the Vso is 47
in knots. You gotta be below 87 to even drop the gear.

OK, so it's a little slow in cruise, 10-12 knots less than my 520
powered Bo, but looks like you can land it short. I assume because it
was designed 100 years ago the gear was made to land in rough areas and
you could fly final at about 60 MPH indicated. So 1200 foot strips
shouldn't be a problem?