Old April 26th 08, 06:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Garmin: tax-dodging scumbags?

On Apr 25, 7:39*pm, Bob Fry wrote:

Can't answer the question?

You seem highly opinionated about something you know nothing about.
The location of an organization does not affect the taxes owed on US
income. However, I'm sure as hell not going to be stupid enough to
take the money my company earns in Asia and route it through a US head
quarters. I could never compete if I'm paying double the taxes other
companies in that area of the world are. And besides, what right does
the US gov't have to money earned (and spent) outside the US. I have
employees all over the planet and we have income all over the planet,
the US gov't has nothing to do with much of it.
Even companies you *think* are US based have offshore operations to
hold their non-US earned income. No one is stupid enough (or could
compete) if they had to pay US taxes on saleries they paid to South
American employees.

-Robert