Old April 4th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default oldest pilots/UK

In article ,
Derek Copeland wrote:

Actually Bill, we are still waiting to see what happens
in respect to privately owned gliders. My most recent
policy renewal for my own glider included a number
of age related restrictions that weren't present in
previous policies, e.g. the claim excess is doubled
for pilots over the age of 65, and instructors are
only covered up to 69.

At our club (Wellington, NZ) we've got one pilot who was born in 1916
(http://nzmaa.org.nz/hof/barber.html) and is therefore getting close to
his 90th birthday. He's not on the regular instructor's roster now, but
is at the airfield a lot, still flies his Cirrus from time to time, and
I think he's still doing the odd bit of instructing.

--
Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-