Old April 21st 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default Sedona Question

Mike Adams wrote:
wrote:

I am going to be in AZ next week and want to include a flight to
Sedona.

I have heard various things about landing there.... for example you
land
uphill on runway 03 but take-off downhill on 21 - then I heard you can
land
and take-off from either.

Which is true ?

Thanks

Basil

What you have described is the normal practice at Sedona, assuming light
winds. But both runway ends are available for either takeoff or landing
if necessary. Landing on 3 and taking off on 21 is easier with respect
to the runway slope and also the surrounding terrain. Enjoy your trip.
It's a beautiful place.

Mike

One of my wishes was to fly my Cessna there and fly around and Monument
Valley. Alas, it is not to be as lost medical and sold airplane.....

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP