Old October 31st 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glidingstuff

Default shipping glider to NZ-advice on securing glider in trailer

John

I have just picked up a brand new glider in a Cobra trailer which came
by Ro-Ro from Germany. It arrived in Auckland NZ last Thursday.
It had no extra packing or restraints. It does have the tail strap
option though. It travelled with no problems or damage. I would however
make sure there are no boxes or wing walkers etc leaning up against
anything you don't want scuffed or rubbed.

Cheers
Paul

November Bravo wrote:
I am shipping my glider with trailer to New Zealand during the next
week. Any advice on how to pack the glider in the trailer other than
the usual road retrieval securing in the Cobra trailer? The shipping
is not in a container but a "roll on". Any other advice would be
appreciated. Thanks, John Iacobucci