Old December 22nd 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
M. B.

Default Connie (CV-64)

More funny detailing jokes...I was going to be sent to the Connie as
AirBoss, while it was being decommissioned....ha-ha....retired instead.

I was on Connie's final two deployments. She was a good ship. Funny thing,
the big XO got so mad at CVW-2 for using the escalator that ran from the 03
level to the 2nd deck. He actually banned the crew from using it. Of
course, being the polite and respectful JO's we were, we completely ignored
him. He upped the ante then by posting a detail of Masters at Arms to guard
the escalator. We went round and round with him and at the last Fo'c'sle
Follies before Connie's decom, the big XO presented to the airwing a single
stair from that damnable escalator. Apparently, removing that stair and
making it presentation-worthy was one of the CHENG's favorite taskers from
the XO.

-MB