Old March 30th 04, 03:04 AM
Max T, CFI

Livermore requires ADF for the missed approach (climbing right turn to 3000 and direct Reiga LOM).
Theoretically you could identify Reiga with the marker beacon receiver, but you wouldn't know for
sure whether you re-intercepted the localizer before or after Reiga.

On the MFD approach, I agree with those who say ADF or radar requirement is to identify the IAF.
Max T, MCFI.

S Narayan wrote in message ...
I am not so sure. See LVK ILS 25R (California), why is ADF required here?
Almost exclusively, TRACY is used as the IAF for this approach. Maybe if an
NDB is designated as an IAF, then ADF is required whether or not other IAFs
exist.

"Greg" wrote in message
om...
I'd guess because the only IAF is the NDB.

-greg

"S. Ramirez" wrote in message

om...
Does anyone know why the Mansfield OH MFD ILS RWY 32 approach plate has

ADF
or Radar Required written on it?

Thanks.

Simon Ramirez