Old April 6th 04, 04:04 AM
Tim Kroesen

Tracking people ***doing*** what ??? The real point is being evaded...

Who cares if a policeman observes you cross the street if you're not
jaywalking???

Tim K

"James Robinson" wrote in message
Chad Irby wrote:

James Robinson wrote:

"Big Brother" is not restricted to totalitarian regimes. Again,

being a
democracy, does it make it better that they take photos and

fingerprints
from everybody?

But I don't see you complaining about the *real* Big Brother problem

of
all of the security cameras in England...

I don't consider that a particular problem, since they aren't
automatically tracking my whereabouts. It is no worse than the

systems
already in place in the US. Have you looked at the ceiling in your
local Walmart to see how many cameras they have?

The problem I have with taking fingerprints is that they are
specifically using them to track people, and marry up to central
databases of info on what I read in libraries, who I send Emails to,

and
what I purchase with my credit card. That is a much more insidious
agenda than simply replacing the beat policeman's eyes with a camera.

Good idea. Let's all pass out assault weapons so the terrorists

can get
hold of them more easily. And don't register them, so you can't

find
them.

Another fool who thinks that outlawing and/or registering firearms

will
keep criminals and terrorists from getting them...

My intent was to expose the inconsistency in your argument. You have

no
problem with the government tracking peoples movements and maintaining

database on your activities, but complain about the simple

registration
of firearms, when you acknowledge that is a waste of time.