Old October 13th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_1_]

Default Airplane in NYC is a Cirrus SR20

Gary Drescher wrote:
It's just hard to imagine that flying up the East River in the first
place could occur accidentally; you really can't mistake it for the Hudson.

I agree, but the seminar presenter stated that it happens all the time.
He cited "distracted by the view, following the float planes" as
the usual reason. I have no idea where he gets his information, but he
seemed to be well respected by the FAA SafetyFest organizers, and he's
been doing the seminar for something like 20 years.

The "view from the other side" point certainly has merit.