View Single Post
Old April 10th 13, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)
external usenet poster

Default Soaring Cafe's Response to Recent Classified Ads Discussion

The first of many examples of the many emails (and phone calls) I have been receiving from ex customers of wings and wheels. Some pretty well known pilots on this list... Virtually all of them will no longer do business of any kind with Tim.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Just so you know - it is all true

Date: April 7, 2013, 8:15 PM

When I was selling my glider last year, I got the same bull**** from Tim. Below is the email I received and my reply.

His final reply - "you haven't bought anything from me since 2004" My response - silence and I let my feet do the talking, I'll never deal with him again.

I need to keep quiet on this topic for now but I am getting closer and closer to chiming in as the attacks you have been receiving continue. So now you know this is not an isolated case of one guy with sour grapes who started the thread in the first place. He's been doing this for over a year!

--------------------------------------------------------------
Tim,

I have removed my ad from the Glider Source.com website, as I feel your want ads provide more exposure and you have left me with little choice.

HOWEVER, I think it is petty of you to take this position and it has taken me completely by surprise. Tim, you are a salesman and as such need to maintain good relations with your customers and this is going to alienate you from some of your loyal customers.

I have been a customer of yours for several years and will continue to do business with you when the need arises.

undisclosed

To: ############################
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 5:45:05 PM
Subject: want ads

your ad is still listed on both sites so it will be removed from the W&W want-ads on 9-20-11 as I noted earlier
should you later decide you want to list on W&W want-ads please note you must wait at least 90 days once removed from the W&W site
regards
Tim Mara

undisclosed