Old December 30th 03, 09:09 PM
Matthew Denning

Sorry to have taken so long to reply. With the Christmas break I haven't
looked at the newsgroup entries since my last posting on the 20th Dec. Re
the operating costs of the Boomerang, if you have a copy of the recently
released NEW newsletter for Australian Warbirds Association Limited called
"The Warbird Flyer" there is a breakdown on page 10 of approximate operating
costs per hour for a T-28 Trojan which runs to $1544 per hour.

The Boomerang maintenance and operating requirements are a bit different to
a T-28, however the running costs are virtually the same as this in real
terms. The fuel usage on average of 180 litres per hour is only one
component of the equation. Flying time from Oakey to Tyabb is around 5
hours, and therefore 10 hours total for the round trip. So you can see that
just getting there and back is in the order of $15000. There are very few
air shows in Australia including Tyabb that have budgets which can justify
paying this sort of money to get one particular aeroplane to their event.

I really appreciate your offer of potential sponsorship and any pledges of
support would certainly be gladly accepted.

Matt.

"The Raven" wrote in message
"Matthew Denning" wrote in message

Thanks for that. Yes the plan is to get the Boomerang to the next Tyabb
airshow if the sponsorship funding to get the aeroplane there and back

comes
through.

I know flying is expensive but could you share with us the approximate

cost
of attending something like Tyabb, or at least the sort of sponsorship
dollars needed?

There is a very slim possibility I could squeeze some minor sponsorship

out
of my employer but I doubt it would amount to anything like you need. All
the same, every sponsorship dollar is one less you need to fork out
personally.

--
The Raven
http://www.80scartoons.co.uk/batfinkquote.mp3