Old May 21st 20, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_21_]

Default 2020 Accidents & Insurance, usa

It’s not that we are pointing out lack of checklist discipline “ sanctimoniously”, it’s because when do a flight review or or other instruction with someone who has flown a single place ship for years I often see non-compliance, odd made up procedures or a complete breakdown of procedures. Pilots can and do get away with this, until they don’t.

Checklists are not the only problem or answer but certainly if one treats it like a profession that lives are at risk around and no matter if they are paid or not act professionally the chances of a problem are less.

If one isn’t interested in improving, learning or hearing then there’s not a lot we can do other than try to manage that on a operational level.

Regards, Tom