Old November 3rd 04, 02:20 AM
Rosspilot

Default Vertical Card Compass Mystery

A strange thing has happened that I cannot explain. I wonder what the
readership thinks . . .

I have a Precision vertical card compass. I fly at least 3 times a week, and I
know my airplane real well. Last week, when I looked at my compass, the little
airplane
that should point up was about 30 degrees left. The compass was working just
fine, but somehow the glass lens with the airplane had rotated left.

I tried to rotate it back myself--it would not budge. I know I could take the
whole compass out and put it back but how in the world could this happen?

www.Rosspilot.com