Old January 7th 05, 02:41 PM
GeorgeB

On 6 Jan 2005 14:18:36 -0800, wrote:

Anybody know of a quick disconnect hydraulic fitting that won't
introduce air in the system when it is disconnected and reconnected?
Something inline and sized for typical light aircraft brake lines?

I've read the suggestions, and agree with looking at the Parker units.
They have several which will be substantially zero leak. They have
diagnostic versions (look at the "PD" series) which are
double-shut-off. The female ends are heavy by my terminology. Take a
look here for more info.

http://www.parker.com/quickcouplings...ecF%20Diag.pdf

If your flows are as small as I expect, there is a great additional
option. I use diagnostic fittings extensively. The fitting is
substantially zero leak. The hose end IS NOT. The hoses normally
used have adequate pressure rating (9000-10000 psi), with an ID of
about 2mm.

In my work, I use the larger "1620" fitting because it is more
standard in industry. There is a smaller (and lighter) "1215" series.

Stauff, Schroeder, and Hydrotechnik are the 3 manufacturers I think of
first with the 1215 series; I prefer Hydac for my 1620, but they don't
do the 1215.

Of those in the 1215 market, I am most familiar with the Schroeder
catalog, and sell their products to my customers who have a need for
the 1215 stuff ... see

http://www.schroederindustries.com/pdf/Schroeder%20Check%20(L-2458).pdf

for more info.

ROUGH costs from Schroeder ... test points are around $12, hoses kinda
$25+$1/ft. The hoses are made to order, and you have to get $100
worth at a time. Testpoints are available singly, but freight charges
eat you up. Hose prices can go way down in the multiple quantity of
similar item situation.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFER TO SELL: THEY have local distribution everywhere
in the US. Their website lists distributors.

George (a hydraulics nut)