Old July 2nd 03, 10:16 AM
Ralph Savelsberg

Rob van Riel wrote:

Ralph Savelsberg wrote in message

mechanized stuff (tanks, APCs and artillery). I can also understand

retiring some of the F-16s, but retiring the P-3s and selling recently
bought AH-64s really doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. The P-3s
have seen a lot of useful service in recent years and the Apaches were

I have to agree with you on this. The P-3s especially are among the
few military assets that are actually doing something usefull most of
the time (no criticism of the other parts, I'm glad we're not involved
in shooting wars on a regular basis). With these gone, we'll have
everyone and his kid sister dumping oil and other waste off our
coastline.
At least I didn't vote for any of these clowns.

Rob

Neither did I, although I'm not so sure what would have happened if a
coalition government of CDA (Christian Democrats) and PvdA (Social
Democrats), whom I voted for, would have done all that differently. They
too would have cut back on defence spending, although they might have
made different choices.

Actually the VVD (liberal party, although unlike 'liberals' in the
American sense, they're actually conservative), which is a part of the
current coalition governemnt made campaign promises about spending more
on defence.

Typical.

Regards,
Ralph Savelsberg